Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Valentine Swag

I saw this idea on My Name is Snickerdoodle.  It was so cute I thought my little Emmie could make it.  She's six years old so I thought this would be a perfect craft for her since she's always looking for something fun to do on a snowy or Saturday.  
I had a blunt needle in an old sewing box I bought at an auction.  We got the sparkly toms at Hobby Lobby and I used some left over needle point thread I had from a project from years back.  Any of the supplies can be found at Hobby Lobby, JoAnne's or Michael's.
 We cut the needlepoint thread to the size we wanted it.  It is a little hard to keep a long piece of thread straight and tangle free.  We ended up spreading it out on my bed one night.  She was excited to get started.  
 Here you can see she has them spread out and sized.  The larger poms were easier for her to work with than the smaller poms.
 I ended up knotting the thread at the needle since it kept slipping off on her.  After I did that, she was able to complete the entire string by herself.
 Emmie completed the top strand and about 3/4" of the bottom strand and I finished it up.
As you can see Emmie has been busy drawing a town on the antique chalkboard.  We plan on adding painting and hearts to the chalkboard when we have an afternoon to do so.  I think it turned out pretty cute!  I think we'll wrap it around an oatmeal can or Pringles can to store it after Valentine's Day otherwise it will get tangled.  

No comments:

Post a Comment