Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Life Planner Love

I recently got on the, "Life Planner" band wagon.  I never thought I'd spend money on a planner since I have everything synced in my Iphone and Ipad but there is just something about writing everything down and being able to see it all at once that makes me feel some much more organized and remember it easier.  
I had looked on Pinterest for some ideas and Erin Condren planners seemed to be popular choices.  I watched many video tutorials and read many blog posts on how people used them especially teachers.    I decided to take the plunge and get one myself.  
You can choose your cover design and personalize your initials on it.  You can also choose which layout you'd like better, vertical or horizontal.  I chose vertical since that's what I'm more comfortable with.  It came in a very pretty box with some motivational stickers and a coupon for $10 off my next order or if I referred a friend to Erin Condren.  It was beautifully packed in tissue paper.  It was in a pretty pink polka dot box.  I was really excited to open it and Erin Condren did not disappoint!
Here you will see my July calendar.  I bought some stickers from Hobby Lobby that matched the color of the month.  Since I ordered my planner in June, they sent me a yearly planner starting in July.  I didn't completely fill July up since it's one of the slower months for my family.  Ball season finishes up and we just kind of relax and get things done around the house in July before school starts.  


What I really like about this planner is that it has three large boxes to write on for each day.  It also has a monthly calendar for each month at the beginning of the month.  I also write things down in that space for a quick glance at the month such as which week looks the least busy to schedule an appointment or if a week looks packed, completely stay away from scheduling there.
It also has lines at the bottom of the planner for writing notes or journaling if you're into that.  I plan on printing the kids pictures I take during the month and printing them on computer paper just to fill the boxes.  I'm a very visual person so I like to take lots of pictures and remember an event based on the photos I took.  




The spiral bound notebook is very durable.  There are many tutorials that show how to add dividers, tabs, and even new customizable covers to your planner.  You can check out my Pinterest page where I pinned all my favorite Life Planner ideas, stickers, free print-outs, etc.  

Diary of a Not So Wimpy Teacher has a nice post on how she uses hers and a video.  

Erin Condren has a ton of different choices on her web site.  They have Teacher Planners, Life Planners, Wedding Planners, Journals, and more.  
The choices are endless.  Take a look at her website at the choices to get organized!


No comments:

Post a Comment